September 10, 2010

September 10th: Packet-Baked Mushrooms with Thyme and BBQ Chicken

I think this recipe should have been called Champignons en papillote, but who am I to tell Chatelaine what to do? I think it was actually in Today's Parent that I read you should give food fancy names to make kids think they're eating something cool or exotic. Here it is, from September 2010's Chatelaine: Packet-Baked Mushrooms with Thyme. I LOVE LOVE LOVE mushrooms and goat's cheese, together, on their own, whatever. Delish. In future, when I make this recipe again, I will add some fresh ground pepper to the thyme, and ditch the toast; it didn't do anything for me.

The BBQ Chicken Rub recipe came from a website I discovered awhile ago called Feed The Sink. The rub was actually meant for pork tenderloin. I made the spice mix in August, had it on some pork chops, and used up the leftover mix tonight on boneless skinless chicken breasts. We decided it was just okay and tossed the recipe.

I had planned to have a BBQ peach side dish, but the peaches I picked up at the grocery store today are hard as rocks. Ah well.


No comments:

Post a Comment